Thursday, January 05, 2006

I can see clearly now . . .

Human here:

Well, I just couldn't stand it anymore, I just had to do a total goldfish tank refill this morning and it looks great! Isn't amazing how just a little change can make such a big difference?

They say that if you really want to succeed, just improve something, anything by only 10% and the world will take notice. So in this case, the world didn't take notice but 5 little goldfish swimming in a 10 gallon aquarium sure did!

Now don't get me wrong, change can certainly provoke anxiety. As soon as I settled the tank, I filled it with water and I added some Start Right as I poured the water into their newly scrubbed tank. It was exciting to put the goldies back into their newly refreshed home.

Once their they all huddled in the corner of the aquarium afraid to venture out! The poor little guys were stressed out! It would be like being transported from the smoggy summer of Los Angeles into the pristine winter wilderness of the high sierras. A real change indeed!

That was a couple of hours ago and they have since adjusted wonderfully. Change almost always brings about anxiety, sometimes mild, sometimes not. Take time to explore something new. Try new music or a new genre of movies or books. Practice something new every week and when a new unknown situation appears, you’ll be better prepared to handle whatever comes your way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory