Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A Perfect Balance?

A Perfect Balance?

My Human is at it again. He’s tinkering with my aquarium tank but I don’t mind really because I sure could use a little distraction now that Wanda’s gone. She was a good friend but we were never really close. She didn’t start out with the other frylings and moments before we were shipped to a pet store in Lizard Lip, Mo., she was dumped into our tank for the ride.

Like I said, she was nice but a real loner but she also be very funny sometimes especially during our ride here to the Springfield area. It was kind of dark in the box and she kept bumping into Lenny and she even tail-nipped him a couple of times until Lenny had finally had enough. Lenny swam up to her to get her back but she quickly turned and kissed Lenny right on his fish lips. The whole box of goldies laughed until we stopped. Once were settled she just kept to herself leaving Lenny just a tad to frustrated for a goldie. Now Lenny just mopes around the tank, sigh, we sure will miss Wanda.

Anyway, like I was saying, My Human keeps tinkering with the tank but I shouldn’t complain I guess. At first I thought he was going to feed us because, after all, goldies can eat ALL day. He was looking for the perfect pH balance; too much alkaline and my scales burn and too little acid…and my scales itch. So he pulls out the test kit, takes out a strip and dips it in the water. Now don’t get me wrong, it was a nice thing to do but really, I thought he was giving us more fish food!

The water was fine and were all doing just fine but something kind of bothered me about the whole test. Humans are always looking for “perfect” in everything they do. It’s a "people" thing I guess but for us fish, perfect is how a fish lives. We get what we can, where we can, and how we can and we call that perfect. If we don’t have tank-mates then it’s perfect; if we have tank-mates, then it’s perfect. If we have a lot, then you guessed it, that’s perfect too!

We’re just goldies living in a world controlled by humans or if we live in the wild (God forbid!) then our circumstances are perfect as well. In other words, perfect is just a state of being and not a state of wanting. So, I guess that's makes us goldies...ahem...perfect!

Sal

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what you're saying is that it would still be perfect in your tank if I poured in a bottle of Tabasco? Or two year old toilet water?

I had a waterdog in my last tank. He ate the other fish. And their human did nothing to stop him. Bwahahahahahaha.

8:02 AM  
Blogger forestparknixa said...

Heh-Heh, good one but you missed the point:
"In other words, perfect is just a state of being and not a state of wanting. So, I guess that's makes us goldies...ahem...perfect!"


There is always someonr who is more than willing to put Tabasco and rancid toilet water in our lives, yes? So, my digital friend, it's all about your state of being that dictates how perfect one feels and not the enviorment. For example, I can have someone throw a negitive attitude my way (Tabasco), feel the sting in my eye but, If I've taken care to guard myself then my world will be fine.

As for the waterdog/fish incident, the authorities have been notified. ;) Bwahahahahahaha(cough)wahahahahahaha(sneeze)wahahahahahaha!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wise goldfish you are. But alas, 'twas a joke. I'm down with what you're saying. Haha.

This doesn't mean I'm not going to fill your tank with toilet water. It just means you'll deal with it. Now the waterdog is another story.

The authorities will find nothing. The evidence is gone. And unless they can hunt down the waterdog in the pond at Sequitoa Park (however it's spelled), there are no witnesses. The perfect murders >:)

7:13 PM  
Blogger forestparknixa said...

"The authorities will find nothing"
Well maybe, except for a few well-placed copies of this bolg. Ha!

Also, if anyone is "down" with anything, it would be you. In fact, I was just telling the misses just how "down" you really were what with all your emotional bling and such.

Dang, it is sooooo past my bed time!

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I even want to know what "emotional bling" is? Do we need to talk about what 'being down' with something means? Haha.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory