Sunday, January 22, 2006

Crack for goldfish???

To paraphrase Chevy Chase in National Lampoon's Vacation “…I couldn’t be more surprised if I woke up in the morning with my head stapled to the carpet”!

I decided that I would take the advice of a friend who suggested that I feed my goldies canned peas. “Peas” I said, “Are you sure”? Yes, they were sure because they had fed their goldfish some peas fresh from the can and “They loved it”! Well, it sounded sort of strange since I’ve never heard of feeding canned ANYTHING to an aquarium fish but I thought why not; they do come from carp after all.

I figured that they would sniff around the peas then turn their collective noses and wait for the good stuff. I was sooooo wrong! My gentle little goldfish tank went ballistic with activity! Those nice little goldies went nuts over the pleasure-pods! At one point I thought I was raising betas the way they were fighting one another. Suddenly, my lone surviving and peace loving bubblehead goldie rammed Sal, my alpha fish.

Mimi, my bubblehead likes to hide in her pimpin’ pink castle but when the peas dropped in, she rammed my alpha fish to get to the green caviar. It was a riot in a 10-gallon tank! Finally, they finished their treat and everything went back to normal. It just goes to show you that like people, under the right circumstances and with the proper motivation, even a goldfish can change personality and do things they normally would not do. I may have accidentally just discovered the “crack” of the goldfish world. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory